Dental implants are a very reliable source for effective tooth replacement. Whether you have lost one tooth or many, implants can provide a permanent solution that looks and functions normally.
Dental Implants in Wichita, KS
At Humlicek Family Dental, dental implants are a specialty of ours that we use to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, and even dentures. A dental implant is a titanium screw surgically fastened to your jawbone below the gums onto which artificial teeth can be mounted. Dental implants won’t slip or shift in your mouth like traditional dentures and provide firm support to natural teeth for stable biting and chewing. Compared to other oral prostheses, they offer the most natural feel and don’t require altering neighboring teeth. Properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime, making them a worthwhile investment in oral health.
Leaving tooth loss untreated can have serious consequences, like shifts in your teeth, jawbone deterioration, and facial structure loss. Call Humlicek Family Dental in Wichita to set up a consultation to see if a dental implant is the right choice for you.Call Humlicek Family Dental
Dental Implants with Dr. Humlicek
Dr. Ashley Humlicek
Dr. Humlicek is an influential general dentist who works with patients to improve their self-confidence through their own smile. Dr. Ashley believes in the value of total body health, which for her, starts with the mouth.
Dental Implant Process
Dental implants involve multiple steps to complete the entire procedure. Depending on your oral health at the time, three to five appointments may be required and the process time could range from four to eight months. However, each patient’s process time will vary.
- Consultation and dental exam. To decide if dental implants are an option for you, we will complete a comprehensive dental exam and will discuss treatment options.
- Tooth extraction. We may need to remove the tooth/teeth being replaced by implant(s). If there is bone loss around the future implant site, we will perform a dental bone graft.
- Implant placement. The implant will be placed in the bone, 3 months after extraction, and then a healing cap is placed over the implant to start the healing process.
- Implant healing. During the healing phase, osseointegration begins. During this process, your jawbone heals around the dental implant, fusing with the implant, and providing a solid base for your new artificial tooth. Typically, it will take 3 months for the implant to completely heal and integrate with the bone.
- Abutment / crown placement. The abutment is a small metal, usually titanium, piece used to connect your artificial tooth (crown) to the implant. After a scan of the implant area, a crown is crafted and ordered. The crown will typically be delivered in 3 weeks. The abutment is attached to the implant, and then the crown is placed on the abutment.
Dental Implant Cost
At Humlicek Family Dental, we strive to offer affordable dental implants for our patients in the Wichita community. Typically, you can expect the cost of an implant, start to finish, to range between $4000-$4500. This price includes a flat fee estimate, x-rays, and tooth extraction, if necessary. However, each part of the procedure has an individual charge, so please note that depending on your individual needs the prices can vary.
Costs can cause hesitation for those needing dental implants, so that is why we are proud to offer a variety of financial options. Some insurance companies offer implant coverage, but every insurance is different. To assist with the process, we are happy to send in a pre-authorization to your insurance for you. CareCredit, an external dental payment plan, is an option available to you that allows you to pay for your procedure in smaller amounts, over time. Click the buttons below to read more about each option.
After Procedure Care
After the procedure, Dr. Humlicek will discuss flossing and brushing techniques for keeping the implant clean and healthy. Dental implants are used as replacements for teeth, so they should be treated as such. During the days following, it is recommended to stick to softer foods to avoid irritating the implant site. If you required an extraction, it is important to remember that sutures will fall out on their own, so there’s no need to be alarmed. Complete any medications that Dr. Humilcek prescribed, including antibiotics and steroids, to ensure proper healing. It’s crucial not to disturb the healing area, so avoid brushing the area for at least one week. It’s also important to avoid spitting aggressively, using straws, or smoking, as these activities can potentially hinder the healing process. By following these aftercare instructions, you can ensure a successful implant procedure and long-lasting results.