Invisalign® clear aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles, and they can help you too.
in Wichita, KS
Invisalign® aligners are an effective and discreet orthodontic treatment option that is worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing.
Invisalign® aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With Invisalign® aligners, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set shifting the teeth slightly—this continues until you have achieved your final results, which usually takes about two years. You remove the Invisalign® aligners for eating, drinking, and cleaning only. At first, they will feel very tight, but they will begin to loosen and feel more comfortable after a few days.
Dr. Humlicek & Invisalign®
Dr. Ashley Humlicek is one of only three Gold Plus Invisalign® providers in the Wichita area. A Gold Plus is a rank given to Dr. Humlicek by Invisalign®, based on her experience and the number of Invisalign® patients she has treated. Call our office or schedule your Invisalign consultation online, using the link below.
Invisalign® Before and Afters
Financing Your Invisalign® Treatment
The cost of Invisalign® depends on the degree of work your teeth need. Your insurance may be able to cover some of the cost. We work with CareCredit® and Proceed Finance as third-party payment options. You can design a payment plan that works for you to get the Invisalign® treatment you need. Each application process is simple and efficient. Follow the button below to learn more about Carecredit® and Proceed Finance.External Payment Plans
How does the Invisalign® process work?
To begin, we will take photographs of your teeth and face, digital dental impressions of your teeth and x-rays. Those records are sent to Invisalign® with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear. Invisalign® uses the digital 3D model of the teeth and work with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to your dentist office. You will wear a new set of trays each week for approximately 2 years, or the length of time determined by your dentist.
Invisalign® vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between Invisalign® and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of Invisalign® to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. Invisalign® uses clear transparent aligners, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. Invisalign® aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. Invisalign® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. Invisalign® aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. Invisalign® aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
How much does Invisalign® cost?
According to the Invisalign® website, the cost for this treatment is similar to the cost for metal braces. Costs can vary, depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover Invisalign® the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover Invisalign® for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length/complexity of treatment. With Invisalign®, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies, depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.